Nurtured Mumma® offers a face to face 4 hour Nurtured Birth™ Workshop, facilitating couples and other birth support people in key areas of birth preparation including:
- creating and nurturing the birth space
- facilitating and maximising birthing and bonding hormones
- contemplating your birth preferences, your choice of birth setting and best fit with your birth team
- identifying your preferences for birth and postnatal care for mum and baby care and contemplating/devising an all scenario birth plan
- practical skills for labour, birth and recovery using a variety of tools
- the importance of intention, relaxation and release approaching and during birth
- discussion regarding the chosen role of the husband, partner or birth support person in labour, birth and the early postnatal period
- early attachment and the importance of protecting the babymoon.
Nurtured Birth™ is designed as an adjunct to standard hospital antenatal education classes, providing additional information to support peaceful, connected births where the mother-baby-father bond is nurtured and supported. It is suitable for both first timers and Mums and couples who have already experienced birth.
The workshop is very practical, covering a range of birth skills to increase your support skill set, understanding and confidence approaching birth. The workshop also highlights key decisions you may need to research and make before and during labour, birth and the postnatal period to enable you to be active and informed in the decision-making processes.
The workshop is conducted in a private small group setting at Energy & Motion in Crafers and can be tailored to meet individual needs of each participant. The investment is 4 hours and $180 per Mum or couple – health insurance rebates may apply. Workshops are held every 6-8 weeks. A minimum of 2 couples is required to run each workshop.
Individual couples sessions are also available if you are unable to attend any of the scheduled sessions. Other workshop times may be available by arrangement.